in nightly-20240729 RPi4, addon script.tubecast stop working, i find a solution, however

• i don't know what have changed in nightly version of libreelec and tubecast stop working

but the root cause is the tubecast addon need a route for multicast traffic, that is,

route add -net 239.255.255.250 netmask 255.255.255.255 dev wlan0

it can solve the issue, however after reboot, the route will disappear, and i have to set it again...

below is what i find about the tubecast issue:

in tubecast log, the python error "OSError: [Errno 19] No such device" caused by line "self.socket.setsockopt(socket.IPPROTO_IP, cmd, mreq)" for ssdp multicast ip addr "239.255.255.250" used in ssdp server (ssdp.py)
    is because you don't have a route for multicast traffic

Error "No such device" in call setsockopt when joining multicast group
    I have a code in which send multicast datagrams. A critical piece of code: uint32_t port; int sockfd, err_ip; const uint32_t sizebuff = 65535 - (20 + 8);…
    stackoverflow.com

to make the tubecast addon work, you need to add this route
    "route add -net 239.255.255.250 netmask 255.255.255.255 dev wlan0"
    where wlan0 is the network interface name from ifconfig

• No ideas on the change, but look at /storage/.config/system.d/wireguard.service.sample for a general template for how to run a shell command that applies a routing command on boot.

• Hi,
    thanks for the suggestion to use boot script
    i use /storage/.config/autostart.sh to run the route script and it works
    (
    route add -net 239.255.255.250 netmask 255.255.255.255 dev wlan0
    )&

but still don't know if it's the right way to solve it
    maybe the tubecast addon code need to check if there's a route for multicast traffic?
    though this issue only affect people casting youtube video to kodi through tubecast