[YouTube] Freeze on Second Playback Attempt

• Installed LE 11.0.6 on a RPI3B and moving around menus work fine. However I'm having problems on playback.

When first playing back, it plays fine. However, if I try to watch a second item, Kodi looks to start the playback with the skin stating "Please wait Loading" and then it freezes. No response to plugged in keyboard.

I can log in via SSH after the freeze.

In the kodi.log it repeats two lines every 10 seconds:

2024-08-07 20:16:59.701 T:22498 warning <general>: OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer
    2024-08-07 20:17:09.737 T:22498 info <general>: Skipped 195 duplicate messages..

On last attempt when I was trying to watch a trailer on youtube resulted in log below

I have to turn the power off and on again to get back control.

Any suggestions to what might be wrong?

Thanks

• No RPi board has hardware support for VP9 media and RPi3 doesn't have the CPU grunt for software decoding. You need to use H264 content (which can be decoded) or use different hardware. RPi4 can handle 1080p and RPi5 has the oomph to handle most 4K30 VP9 media (but not 4K60).

Updating to LE12 won't solve anything.

• Sorry I didn't see the VP9 in the logs... that is probably a bad example as I'm seeing the same issue on h.264 content as well. I can play a file first time fine but if I stop and then playback the same file it will result in the issue with the "OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer" repeating ad-infinitum until I power off.