rPi5/v12 restarts from ground at reboot

• While booting, the system outputs lots of errors on the sd card and reset to original settings. Any advices on debugging my system?

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • I have no log to send, because as I reboot kodi, it identifies problems on the filesystem, attempt to repair and boot into a freshly installed system, with no logs yet.

• Two probable scenarios:

a) You're using an under-spec PSU (something less than 5V/3A) and this causes power/stability issues.

b) The SD card has gone terminal and needs replacing.

I'd image another card and see how that works first, before thinking about anything else.

• Thank you, I'll try with a new sd card. I don't think it's the power source, i've connected it to a pd port with 27W. But I can try with the original source too.

• I don't see anything different from what I expected,just trying boot over sd, failing, then tryng usb, failing and coming back to sd again and again. Would it be useful to post a photo of the screen.

• I don't see anything different from what I expected,just trying boot over sd, failing, then tryng usb, failing and coming back to sd again and again. Would it be useful to post a photo of the screen.

No screenshot needed, the output seems to be normal.

Can you boot a fresh LE installation from USB?

• Yes, I'll try that. BTW I remember now that on both my rpi5 The I was never able to boot the full rpi5 official image, only from usb. But the lite image runs perfectly, even if install the graphical components later.