Pi-Desktop Power Button

• Hello,

I just got a Pi-Destop from a friend as he had no more use for it. It makes use of a RPi 3. I installed LibreELEC as I'd like to use it as a media station.

After tinkering a whole day I managed to get the power button working.

The original scripts make use of the RPi python module which was dropped by LibreELEC, for some reason. But I managed to rewrite it with the help of Pi-Desktops pin documentation, their state machine and their scripts. I'll be making a tutorial with a scripts that will setup all the required files but you'll still need to install the Pi Tools addon. Once I polish it enough I'll post a link to all the files.

• The original scripts make use of the RPi python module which was dropped by LibreELEC, for some reason.

The upstream RPi codebase that we loosely track deprecated the /sysfs approach used in the old Python module in favour of using modern libgpiod and LE(12) simply reflects the same change.

The upstream RPi codebase that we loosely track deprecated the /sysfs approach used in the old Python module in favour of using modern libgpiod and LE(12) simply reflects the same change.

All's well in that case. It was just really surprising when I looked everywhere and everyone mentioned RPi.GPIO and almost no one mentioned gpiozero.

Also - why was my post moved? I thought that it would be nice to answer to the existing one so that people who used this HW and watched that post would get info on how to make it work. I think that some people just gave up on it and probably won't look into it again without a notification that someone fixed it.