Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• Hey guys, I installed LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2 on my pi 3 and the Gamestarter v2.5. When I tried to run pocketsnes, I got this error:

/storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/resources/bin/retroarch: error while loading shared libraries: libbrcmEGL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    ::Gamestarter:: -> disable alsa...
    ::Gamestarter:: -> restart kodi...

My understanding of libreelec is that it has a read only filesystem so there is no point for me to hunt down the library

Any idea what I need to do?

Thanks a lot

• Hey guys, I installed LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2 on my pi 3 and the Gamestarter v2.5. When I tried to run pocketsnes, I got this error:

/storage/.kodi/addons/script.gamestarter/resources/bin/retroarch: error while loading shared libraries: libbrcmEGL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    ::Gamestarter:: -> disable alsa...
    ::Gamestarter:: -> restart kodi...

My understanding of libreelec is that it has a read only filesystem so there is no point for me to hunt down the library

Any idea what I need to do?

Thanks a lot

It seems to me that you are using wrong addon version. If you are running LibreELEC 7 you need to download/install gamestarter OLE version (Open/LIbreELEC 6 & 7).

I have just released new version => 2.6
    Release Gamestarter v2.6 · bite-your-idols/Gamestarter-Pi · GitHub

• Hi guys. I have a raspberry pi 2 model b. I installed gamestarter and I added my emulators. I tried to launch it but my pi reboots and does not launch the emu. Any idea on how to fix it

• Hi guys. I have a raspberry pi 2 model b. I installed gamestarter and I added my emulators. I tried to launch it but my pi reboots and does not launch the emu. Any idea on how to fix it

can you paste log output from /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.gamestarter/gamestarter.log ?

• can you paste log output from /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.gamestarter/gamestarter.log ?

Hi there. Thank you I don't have a gamestarter.log file. I am starting to think something went wrong with the install. Can I just remove the addon and reinstall or is there a certain process to it?

• Hi there. Thank you I don't have a gamestarter.log file. I am starting to think something went wrong with the install. Can I just remove the addon and reinstall or is there a certain process to it?

You have to install from zip, then go to addon and launch it, it will perform a first-time-setup. After that, copy your roms and you have several options:
    - you can launch addon again and you will go into retroarch frontend interface.
    - go to Advanced launcher and scan for your roms in the system you want, then run it.
    - in addon settings install Emulationstation and select it as default frontend. Then run addon again and you will be in Emulationstation with system you have roms in their folder.
    - in addon settings install IARL addon and launch games from the internet archive.

After the first-time-setup log file must be in its path.

• You have to install from zip, then go to addon and launch it, it will perform a first-time-setup. After that, copy your roms and you have several options:
    - you can launch addon again and you will go into retroarch frontend interface.
    - go to Advanced launcher and scan for your roms in the system you want, then run it.
    - in addon settings install Emulationstation and select it as default frontend. Then run addon again and you will be in Emulationstation with system you have roms in their folder.
    - in addon settings install IARL addon and launch games from the internet archive.

After the first-time-setup log file must be in its path.

mmmm ... I followed those steps , not sure what went wrong. I just reinstalled it now. Will test and get back to you. Would the add-on be able to run the ROMS from my NAS?
    [hr]
    I have also tried IARL and it downloads the game but does not launch it
    [hr]
    I think I found the issue. I am running a Raspberry Pi B

Edited once, last by newb33 (November 29, 2016 at 1:37 PM).

• Any idea how to fix lock up on retrarch quit? When i chose L1+L2+start+select on controller and then navigate to Quit Retroarch it ends up with still working animation in the background but retroarch is stuck. No reaction on keboard, gamepad. I'm stuck until i press ctrl+alt+del on keyboard.

• [hr]
    I think I found the issue. I am running a Raspberry Pi B

sorry just pi2/3 support...

Any idea how to fix lock up on retrarch quit? When i chose L1+L2+start+select on controller and then navigate to Quit Retroarch it ends up with still working animation in the background but retroarch is stuck. No reaction on keboard, gamepad. I'm stuck until i press ctrl+alt+del on keyboard.

Which Raspberry Pi model are you using? in which libreelec/openelec version?
    please copy/paste gamestarter.log under:
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.gamestarter/gamestarter.log

• I use libreelec 7.0.2 on rPi3. There is no log @ /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.gamestarter
    Gamestarter is @ 2.6.0 version. Where to enable logs for GameStarter?

Edited once, last by Szymon_Zy (November 29, 2016 at 6:29 PM).

• I use libreelec 7.0.2 on rPi3. There is no log @ /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.gamestarter
    Gamestarter is @ 2.6.0 version. Where to enable logs for GameStarter?

it is weird... if you install from zip and then launch addon gamestarter it performs firts-time-setup, it will notice you about that. Then gamestarter.log is created.
    did you follow these steps or after zip installation you didn't launch addon for the firts-time-setup?

• I have updated form 2.5.8 and AFAIR there were initail setup. Anyway there is no problem if i leave SNES, but problem exists on ScummVM and N64. BTW: scummvm liberetro port is useless - i can't find any way to open onscreen keyboard (and my usb does not work) so no copy protection, no saves in certain games etc....

• I have updated form 2.5.8 and AFAIR there were initail setup. Anyway there is no problem if i leave SNES, but problem exists on ScummVM and N64. BTW: scummvm liberetro port is useless - i can't find any way to open onscreen keyboard (and my usb does not work) so no copy protection, no saves in certain games etc....

In scummvm core it can happen, you're right, but in Glupen64 everything should run fine...

Please, comment in the github issue you opened in order to close it.

• I've done it. Is it possible to add regular (fully working) scummvm build along side of retroarch version? Maybe you could build newest v.1.9 and add menu option to let as chose. Non working keyboard is complete failure in some games. Regular ScummVM also let's you use gamepad/joystick in games.