Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• No problem. I've tried it before, and right now after 8.167.2 update. It starts and shows message - watch the attach.

Didn't dig it.

If needed - I can test and provide feedback.

ok. According to that message you have no rom in /storage/roms/xxxx folders, right? If so everything is ok.

• ok. According to that message you have no rom in /storage/roms/xxxx folders, right? If so everything is ok.

Putted some roms in /storage/roms/ and /storage/emulators/roms - still the same. Didn't get it about "/xxxx" folder. Is there must be a subfolder named like NES or SEGA or something, I guess ?

• I just bought a 8bitdo snes30 controller toplay my retro games and all went well as I paired it immediately and played straight away.

Issues i encountered were when I left the game for some time and the controller went to sleep. I couldnt pair it again (and couldn't get back to libreelec as I couldn't exit retroarch) so had to do a full power down and reboot.

I also noticed that when my TV was off (connected to my rpi3) and I turned it on to play my controller when I powered that on with the start button for 3 seconds wouldn't pair and I had to go to libreelec settings to connect it manually every time.

Finally my issue is that now my TV, when turned off, turns on automatically every few minutes on its own. I clicked the enable standby setting on my controller settings, does that have something to do with it? I assumed that meant I could leave a game paused for a long time and my controller wouldn't power off or lose BT connection ?

• Putted some roms in /storage/roms/ and /storage/emulators/roms - still the same. Didn't get it about "/xxxx" folder. Is there must be a subfolder named like NES or SEGA or something, I guess ?

Default rom path is "/storage/emulators/roms/" then inside this folder you need to create a folder for each system namig as you can see here (nes, snes, gb, mastersystem): Gamestarter/addon.py at master · bite-your-idols/Gamestarter · GitHub

if emulationstation detects a single rom in any of those folders it will show systems menu.

I just bought a 8bitdo snes30 controller toplay my retro games and all went well as I paired it immediately and played straight away.

Issues i encountered were when I left the game for some time and the controller went to sleep. I couldnt pair it again (and couldn't get back to libreelec as I couldn't exit retroarch) so had to do a full power down and reboot.

I also noticed that when my TV was off (connected to my rpi3) and I turned it on to play my controller when I powered that on with the start button for 3 seconds wouldn't pair and I had to go to libreelec settings to connect it manually every time.

Finally my issue is that now my TV, when turned off, turns on automatically every few minutes on its own. I clicked the enable standby setting on my controller settings, does that have something to do with it? I assumed that meant I could leave a game paused for a long time and my controller wouldn't power off or lose BT connection ?

As far as I can remember those controllers have 2 or 3 different "modes".... did you try all of them? I had one like that some months ago and it worked ok, maybe is something related with LE BT pairing and CEC behavior for your TV...

• bite_your_idols

thanks, I think I have tried the modes, the manual is practically non existant and is seemingly a google translate of a Chinese manual.

I don't understand the different "modes" either, if my controller pairs fine by powering on the controller with the start button for 3 seconds isn't that the correct mode?

The powering on of libreelec is just weird but cant be anything other than this new controller messing things up.

Are there any users on this forum who have my same controller that can help?

• before launch retroarch you need to test your controllers behavior in LibreELEC.

If you let kodi for some time and controller goes to sleep, could you pair it again?

When your TV is off connected to your rpi in kodi and you turn on your controller, does it auto pair?

Enable standby in LE settings means that if kodi enters screensaver it will poweroff your controller.

About controller "modes" I assume that if it is working ok, it is ok. But you can try if another mode has another behaviour. Anyway I ended selling it because I preffer Dualshocks so I can help you, sorry.

• Also, how are you getting on making the install script so with the ael author to make it easier to go from your add on to your repo? ( Without the need for manually needing to copy things across or deleting unwanted folders and files)

• Switching from addon to repo has no trick, just uninstall addon (and delete addon's userdata folder) and install new ones from repo.

If you are using AEL, and you have your customized lists in it you can continue using them but you have to edit each launcher with new app path. You can do this with context menu in AEL or editing manually categories.xml.

If you have default launchers list coming with GS addon, you can delete categories.xml and use the new one coming with AEL when you install/update it from GS repo (moving it from addons folder to userdata folder as said in previous posts). In coming weeks this will be done by importing wanted launchers from AEL settiings more easily.

If you want more info or help about using AEL please tell me and I can try to be more specific.

• thanks - I think I will wait till this is an easier process. I tried this last time and failed miserably ( I got errors all over the place, and I was denied access when I tried to delete the userdata folder)

I don't dare try this again as it was a real pain to get it all running again as a standalone addon

• Hi,

I have just installed a fresh copy of LibreELEC 8.0.2 running Kodi 17.3 on my Raspberry Pi 3

and wanted to try the Advanced Emulator Launcher through Gamestarter. Before I started the setup

I configured my Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 and changed the regional settings in Kodi. To

setup the Add-ons I have followed the instructions on the page below:

http://https//github.com/bite-your-idols/Gamestarter

I have installed all the Available add-ons on the page and followed the bullets below the

Additional info. I didn't find anything mentions Lakka core package, but I guess "Download Libretro

cores full package.." is the same. Am I right?

I have tried RetroPie before and copied some of my roms to /storage/Emulatos/roms. Then I scanned for

roms in Advanced Emulator Launcher, but when I tried to start them I got an error message. I have

provided the logs below. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

http://https//pastebin.com/AAr8sjaj