Audio doesn't work through HDMI on TV

• Hey!

I'm quite new to standalone Linux, and I just started trying out LibreELEC on my old laptop (HP Latitude 3300) connected to a TV (40PFT4101/12). Because I'm new to this I don't really know what the relevant files and configurations to post here are, but I'll try to describe what I gathered so far.

The issue is that the audio on the TV doesn't work through HDMI. In the audio settings there are several alternatives which produce sound on the PC itself (1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th), but the 3rd one doens't make any sounds on the TV. The PC only got one HDMI port, and the TV got two, where I'm connected to the 1st one (HDMI ARC 1.4 from my understanding). So one could think that HMDI #1 or HMDI #2 would produce some sound, but only the original PC does. The video itself does work, but audio doesn't. I've tried to connect to the second port too, same story there, and I tried to make it work through passthrough, but nothing there too. The TV sound is working and is not muted, and the same setup worked through Kodi earlier today when I had it on the same PC on Linux Mint as an app, had no problems there (except for the app running a bit sluggish, hence why I've installed the OS).

If there's any more technical info needed I'll be happy to provide it!

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Thanks!

Code
    2024-06-12 00:00:54.214 T:850   warning <general>: CXRandR::Query - output eDP1 has no current mode, assuming disconnected

That could be similar to this HP ProDesk issue, so please read:

boostedvtak
    September 14, 2023 at 11:08 PM