No HD Audio passthrough on Pi4/Pi5

• I Installed the latest LibreELEC 12.0 (tried both in pi4 and pi5) but i cannot passthrough TrueHD (with Atmos) or DTS-HD.

EAC+(DD+) is working and i can also enjoy Atmos.

My setup is the following:

Samsung Q70 connected through earc to Sonos arc.

Raspberry pi 5 4GB / 4 2GB connected on HDMI 1 port in Samsung and installed latest LibreELEC Kodi.

I have enabled in Advanced Settings the following:

Passthrough

TrueHD capable receiver

DTS-HD capable receiver ( I actually think that Sonos cannot support it)

Dolby Digital Plus capable receiver

I am trying to watch a movie which has 3 audio formats:

• TrueHD 7.1 Atmos @ 3827kbps
    • DTS-HD MA 7.1 @ 3716 kpbs
    • EAC3 7.1 @ 1536 kbps

The EAC3 track works flawssly Sonos reporting it as DD+ and also tried another movie and i get Atmos if the movie supports it.

The DTS-HD works when i disable the DTS-HD passthrough and Sonos reporting it as Dolby Digital 5.1

With TrueHD in which i am interrested i have no sound.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

• Just a shot in the dark. Please try it with a current LE13 nightly build.

EDIT: It looks like ARC only, not that eARC is working between your TV and soundbar. This limit the supported sound formats. Could caused by cabeling, firmware issue of TV or soundbar... I found some discussions regarding that, that it happens especially with Samsung 2019 / 2020 TV model line.

Does your Sonos support eARC or ARC only?

Edited 3 times, last by HarryH (June 9, 2024 at 11:00 PM).

• Just a shot in the dark. Please try it with a current LE13 nightly build.

EDIT: It looks like ARC only, not that eARC is working between your TV and soundbar. This limit the supported sound formats. Could caused by cabeling, firmware issue of TV or soundbar... I found some discussions regarding that, that it happens especially with Samsung 2019 / 2020 TV model line.

Does your Sonos support eARC or ARC only?

How i can check/verify that my TV is working with ARC only and not eARC? I already had tested with another cable. Also i think i am using the latest firmware from Samsung for TV

• Damn I just no noticed that on the back of the TV the HDMI just says ARC not eARC. Coulbe it be that the TV does only support ARC and not eARC? The TV model is QE55Q70RATXXH. I could not verify if it is eARC capable

• Damn I just no noticed that on the back of the TV the HDMI just says ARC not eARC. Coulbe it be that the TV does only support ARC and not eARC? The TV model is QE55Q70RATXXH. I could not verify if it is eARC capable

54.6" Samsung QE55Q70R - Specifications
    Specifications of Samsung QE55Q70R. Display: 54.6 in, VA, Direct LED (Full-Array Local Dimming), 3840 x 2160 pixels, Brightness: 400 cd/m², Static contrast:…
    www.displayspecifications.com

4 x HDMI 2.0 (ARC; CEC)

If you compare to another display with eARC, it will have a line saying "Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)": https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/c8ae3202