Custom EDID tutorial Librelec 12 syslinux.cfg or extlinux.conf missing in

• Dear people,

I upgraded my raspberry pi 3 with a pi 4 for KODI. For me its important to have persistent video out even after power failure or reboot. Modern screens only give edid when on and lose it when turned off, go in powersave or even change the HDMI input. I understood this is nowadays done like this instead of putting it so simply in the bootconfig file,

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/edid#generic-x86_64

When doing this tutorial it seems the Libreelec 12 on a raspberry pi 3 and 4 do not have this
    /flash/syslinux.cfg or

/flash/extlinux.conf

Does it have a new location or is everything changed again in version 12? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks!

• Thanks for the fast respons! So I should put it in /flash/cmdline.txt instead of /flash/syslinux.cfg or /flash/extlinux.conf?

My point is that the tutorial specifically states /flash/syslinux.cfg or /flash/extlinux.conf and these files don't seen to excist...

/run/kernel-overlays/firmware/edid/edid/bin was succesfully created

So I opened /flash/cmdline.txt and it shows the line
    boot=UUID=xxxxx disk=UUID=xxxxx quiet console=tty0

But the APPEND is missing. Should I put APPEND in front?

The tutorial shows this as how it should look:
    APPEND boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage ssh quiet initrd=/edid.cpio drm.edid_firmware=edid/edid.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D

I guess the tutorial has to be updated to show the /flash/cmdline.txt for rapsbery pi's so peope like me can actually follow the tutorial and not have to ask questions...?

Edited once, last by Dutch87: Merged a post created by Dutch87 into this post. (June 9, 2024 at 12:27 PM).

• Thanks!

I did: mount -o remount,rw /flash but no syslinux.cfg or extlinux.conf is in the flash folder...

getedit create gives the error: -sh: getedit: not found
    I'm using the latest Libreelec on both a raspberry pi 4 and 3...

What to do?

• How silly... sorry

I did the command but still I can not see the /flash/syslinux.cfg or /flash/extlinux.conf files...

getedid create
    successfully installed edid override for HDMI-A-1

Does this mean it is done?

• Sorry, I'm to blame, I read:

Raspberry Pi

The getedid script can be used as described for Generic x86_64.
    And started doing the commands that were put for Intel seing the getedid as an introduction...

Thanks and sorry!