Atvclient does not control kodi

• Hi

Tested on: Mac Mini (2010) with the latest version (v7.90.009 ALPHA) installed.

Problem: I cannot control the UI with the Apple IR remote (using the built-in IR receiver).

While testing I noticed it isn't a hardware issue:

If I stop the atvclient.service

Code
    systemctl stop atvclient.service

And run atvclient from the cli

Code
    atvclient

Then I can see the all the commands being send form the IR remote. However with LibreElec started normally i cannot control the UI with the Apple IR remote.

Is there something else I can do to make this works or is this a bug in kodi/LibreElec? Is a specific log file required to investigate this further?

Kind regards

Edit: The current stable (7.0.2) works out of the box, I can control kodi with the Apple IR remote.

Edited once, last by HandySam (December 7, 2016 at 12:39 PM).

• Hi, seems that i have the same issue.

Any hint to how to compile the new client in order to try to use it on the stable version?

Can i install a linux (witch version?) on a virtual machine, compile and simply copy the binary file?

tnx

• If you bothered to compare githashes on the version of atvclient we package and the upstream repo you're enthusing about instead of posting all over the place, you'd discover those changes have been included for a while.

• If you bothered to compare githashes on the version of atvclient we package and the upstream repo you're enthusing about instead of posting all over the place, you'd discover those changes have been included for a while.

TNX for the nice answer, unfortunately I just have basic skill so I don't know how to check the version in a complex project like libreelec.

Anyway reading your answer seems that also this is not the root cause of the issue so I still have it. If not posting how I can hope to get help?

Sorry to disturb but I really like libreelec and this issue is really annoying.