Configuring remote

• Thanks to guidance from chewitt I was able to add audio delay to the TV remote my wife uses (I use a mini keyboard). I'd now like to add the context menu and info to it. I'd like to put ContextMenu on the TV remotes menu button but it looks as though that is intercepted before it gets to Kodi. Is there a way round it?

• Da Flex

I understand that, and have added ContextMenu onto a button (Option on my Panasonic remote). My problem is tht some buttons on the remote seem to be intercepted before they get to Kodi eg Menu or Guide. What I'm looking for is a way to use those buttons.

• The CEC signal chain is Remote -> TV -> LE box. So when the TV finds a usable CEC code for the current mode (AV mode in your case), then there is nothing you can do against that "interception". Use the color buttons, and you're good.

• LybsterKodi,

you skimp a little bit on detailed information, so it's like looking into a crystal ball.

I don't assume this is the solution for the Options button over CEC, but do you know the Panasonic specific behavior (should also be explained in the manual)?: https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec

Hint: If available, try some other buttons (the period key for SONY Android TVs, RETURN at old Samsung TVs) on your remote if this triggers the ContextMenu by default.

The recommendation of Da Flex is sometimes the only workable way if the chosen TV doesn't pass through the menu keys via CEC.

Edited once, last by HarryH (June 6, 2024 at 7:49 PM).

• Fortunately I also have a Panasonic TV. The "Option" button in AV mode triggers the "OPTION Selection - Player" menu from Panasonic. As mentioned, that's normal CEC behavior, and not editable later in the signal chain.