[Odroid-C2] GXBB / S905 and LE 11.06 or 12 does not boot

• no i am sorry but up do date my c2 still just freezes when trying to boot a new le 11.06 or 12 image.

chewit seems to be quite busy with real life now, but i hope when he maybe has some more spare time again, he might just have another idea to get this running on our c2

we just need some more patience :)

• my c2 boots. but only the first time. reboot doesn't work, i have to remove the psu and after plugging it on again, it boots again.

but then i have my tv to search for a cec device and set it up again every time. the c2 doesn't log in correctly either.

• No boot-related issues on my end and have been running LE11 and now 12 for some time now, on Samsung EVO and the Sandisk orange/gray SD cards (don't recall the exact model sorry).

Posting here because I recall the following, don't know if they help. One, a couple of times after a power loss, C2 would not boot. I went ballistic checking things out. Even re-wrote a new SD card. Same result. By mistake, left the box at that unusable state, turned off the tv and went to bed. The other day tv was on, and I was greeted with the LE installation wizard. Installing the old, working SD card also worked just fine.

Two, on another occasion, issue was traced to a faulty power unit, simple as that...

• Good day all.

Yesterday my EMMC for Odroid C2 died, so I had to install LibreElec on micro sd card.

Tried LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-12.0.0-odroid-c2.img.gz first, but got :

*** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount LABEL=LIBREELEC ***
    ### Starting debugging shell for boot step: mount_flash... type exit to quit ###

Then tried LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.6-odroid-c2.img.gz and got only black screen.

The only image that worked was LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2.img.gz. Booted on first attempt without any problems. Is there anything that can be done, or am I stuck with Kodi 18.2?

Kind regards

• Hi cosmos

Thank's for reply. No I did not try an upgrade. Actually I'm in the middle of troubleshooting. Not sure if the unstable power supply may be the issue. I flashed LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-12.0.0-odroid-c2.img.gz on a new sd card and it booted, but in 1024x768p with no higher resolutions available in Kodi interface. Swapped HDMI cables but still same thing. I have to make sure that my PSU is definitelly ok and that my emmc module is definitely dead.

Kind Regards.

EDIT

Ok flashed the 12.0.0 again on a new sd card and tried yet another hdmi cable and this time maybe after 30 seconds of inactivity system booted with full hd.

However restart option does not work. Neither when initiated from kodi nor from ssh. It just shuts down the system but does not boot back up.

Also managed to update to 12.0.1 just a moment ago by placing the new image in /storage/.update folder.

Edited once, last by Marcin (August 27, 2024 at 7:35 PM).

• chewitt I am coming back to this now. Can I get one of those test images to try?

I am currently writing a 12.0.1 image to my microSD card to test. Will report here if it works.

So actually the 12.0.1 image seems to be working for me. I do get some screen flicker, but will see how it goes over the next couple of days.

I spoke too soon. I think the only reason it was working was because I still had the UART adapter connected (but not plugged into my PC). Very odd. I am going to connect it again and see what happens...

Edited 2 times, last by special: Merged a post created by special into this post. (September 12, 2024 at 11:25 PM).

• I still had the UART adapter connected (but not plugged into my PC).

Exactly the same problem here. My C2 (LibreElec 12) boots at most 1 or 2 times in 20 power-up attemps. When i connect a CP2102 UART adapter (only to the C2 is enough), it boots every time. Very odd... :/

• Yeah, it is pretty strange. So I have the UART wiring harness connected to GND, RXD, and TXD, and then the wiring harness plugged into the USB dongle. And the dongle is just sitting on top of my C2, not plugged into a computer. In this state it will boot. But if I disconnect the wiring harness from the UART port on the C2, it sits there with a red light and does not boot.

It is almost like it needs to see some kind of connection on one of those terminals to boot. I hope chewitt is able to take a look at this and have an idea as to what might be going on.