Need to access my windows shared folder on my Rasberry Pi 3B+

• I recently purchased my first Rasberry Pi and I would like to use to access my shared folder on an old windows computer that I turned into a media server. I have seen friends of mine in the past do stuff like this. They had a WD mycloud with all the videos stored on it and installed kodi on the rasberri Pi. They were then able to access all the videos and stream on their TV's via the rasberry pi.

I am not sure how to set this up.

I already have already shared the folder from my PC so that it can be viewed on other devices. I have actually already accessed the server from other windows machines so I know it works.

I hav the rasberri pi connected to wired lan so it is on the same network with no firewalls or extra Vlans.

When I go into the pi and try to add videos, it gives me options to add a network folder but it seems that I may be inputting the info incorrectly.

I know how the file paths work between two windows machines but I understand Libre Elec is Linux based so I think it may be the language I am using when I try to add.

Is there and existing article that someone can point me to to explain how to connect?