Raspberry pi 5 only 2.0 for ppm. Passthrough works fine on all channels

• I'm using the latest LibreELEC Omega 12 build on a raspberry pi 5, with the jellyfin plugin.

Whenever I play a video with passthrough audio that my tv/soundbar (sonos arc with surrounds) supports, it works fine on all channels.

If I play a video file that doesn't use passthrough (e.g. aac), all the audio only comes from my front speakers.

If I run speaker-test -c 6, all audio also comes out of the correct speakers, but some channels are marked as unknown:

Any ideas how I can make non passthrough audio come through all the correct channels?

Many thanks

• It looks like the soundbar capabilities aren't being exposed to the RPi5 through EDID data on the HDMI connection. The debug log clearly shows only FL/FR speakers are available; hence Kodi is downmixing 6.0 media to 2.0 to match the advertised layout. If pass-through is used, the stream is not decoded (for downmix) and magic on the TV side results in the soundbar working.

I'd be looking into TV settings for eARC? options to ensure the Soundbar EDID is presented to the RPi5, then things should work. If nothing exists the workaround might be to temporarily connect the RPi5 directly to the soundbar, run "edid create" to capture the EDID data, then reconnect the RPi5 to the TV again. On reboot the RPi5 will see the cached Soundbar data not the live TV data.

• Hi

I've tried all the permutations of sound settings on my TV with no luck.

getedid-create failed when only my soundbar was plugged in, error saying it couldn't get connections.

As the RPi5 has 2 hdmi outputs, I plugged one into my tv and the other directly into my soundbar, then ran getedid create and got the following two edid outputs:

and

After a reboot, the problem was the same, only Front Left and Front Right speakers showing, but speaker-test -c 6 sounding correct but showing:

Any other ideas? Or is there any other way to force it to recognise the surround /lfe channels - asound.conf etc?

Many thanks