Raspberri pi1 and LE10 freezes

• Recently, my Chinese tvbox running on coreelec went down. I found an old raspberry pi 1 512ram in my pantry. Since my finances currently do not allow me to purchase a new TV box, I purchased a new 16gb sd card for rpi1 and installed the latest version of LE for rpi1, namely LE10. And everything works in principle, h264 plays back from my NAS without problems, I used rpi1 in this form for several days and there were no problems, but at some point during the video rewind, the system froze. I immediately checked the availability of the rpi on the network, and it pinged normally, but there was no ssh access, I didn't pay much attention to this, and just rebooted the rpi by turning off the power. A couple of days later, the story repeated itself, this time the system froze just while watching the video. The symptoms are the same, rpi pings normally from the laptop, but ssh access was interrupted. After a few minutes, ssh access was self-restored and I was able to connect to the system. I immediately checked dmesg, and comparing the moment of hanging there, I saw the following messages:

vc_sm_ioctl_alloc]: failed to allocate memory on videocore (status: 0, trans_id: 293)
    [vc_sm_ioctl_alloc]: failed to allocate "CGPUMEM" data (-12) - type 1, base 3506176 (3506176), num 1, alignment 4096

• I also wanted to clarify that from the very beginning I overclocked the rpi a little with the installed Huawei 2A power supply:

arm_freq=1000
    core_freq=400
    sdram_freq=400
    over_voltage=4

And also, based on dmesg logs about video memory problems, I changed the parameter.... to config.txt I'm not sure if this could be related, but the system has been working fine for a couple of days now.

• Unfortunately, I don't see an opportunity to edit my previous post #2, I just wanted to say that in config.txt have set gpu_mem_512=256 and so far the system is working fine, but I am not sure if the error in dmesg is related to this.

• RPi boards with 512MB RAM are best on LE 9.2.x which uses legacy hardware decoders like OMXplayer that are highly optimised for older hardware. LE10 and up use the GBM/V4L2 display pipeline which fundamentally needs more RAM; hence we dropped support for anything with less than 1GB in later LE versions.