SSH and resolution isues

• Newbie on a Rpi5. Just installed Libre and Kodi image on my 5. Works on newer monitor fine but cannot find the HDMI signal on an older HP monitor nor my projector TV. Trying to get SSH to work to debug the HDMI issues but when I try to connect using Raspcontoller it says 'Unreachable Host'. On the Libre config I have enabled SSH and disabled SSH password on the Services page.

• On the Libre config I have enabled SSH and disabled SSH password on the Services page

Raspcontroller (which I have never seen or used, so guessing) is probably written for RaspiOS not LibreELEC so may not work. Did you install SSH private keys first before disabling passwords? .. If no, disabling SSH password auth (to use key-only auth) prevents password logon.

LE/Kodi depends on working EDID data from the HDMI connection to the TV/Monitor to understand what output options can be used. You can force HDMI output to a specific resolution using kernel boot params, but if EDID does not provide any audio options you'll have video and no audio.

• Thanks Chewitt.

I was using Raspcontroller because I did not know of an alternative program to use for SSH. How would I install a private key and does that eliminate my need for login? When I setup the l Libreelec I do not remember setting up a username for it and I do not know the to root user or password to SSH to anyhow.

• LE has a single hardcoded default user (root) and default but changeable password (libreelec) with SSH disabled by default. In LE settings you can enable SSH, and enable/disable SSH passwords (disabling allows you to stop password login and use pre-installed SSH private keys instead) and change the root user password. If all you want to do is login remotely .. re-enable SSH passwords and use any SSH client to access.

Once you have SSH access sorted, run "pastekodi" after booting and share the URL so we can see the Kodi log.