Missing PVR addons option in raspberry pi Zero 2W and fresh libreelec install

• Hi.

First and foremost I would like to say "thank you" to the developers and all the community because I have been enjoying libreelec and troubleshooting any issues for some time, even if I was not registered (I do it now to share my question).

My case is as follows.

I'm trying to set up a Raspberry Pi Zero 2W as a light libreelec box.

I'm using nightly-20230201-a144326 for reasons not related to this thread (see PS).

I boot libreelec correctly, and it's properly connected to a 2.4Ghz wifi network of mine.

My first step with the fresh install is adding iptv.simple addon, but when I go to the menus and I select the option to install a new addon from all repositories, the "PVT clients category" is missing.

I force-check the repositories for addon updates, but no dice.

Am I missing something?

Should I share a log with you, or there is an obvious answer to why PVR clients are missing in Kodi after a clean install of libreelec?

Thanks in advance,

Alister

PS: For those curious: some SD cards of large capacity (Samsung EVO of 32GB in my case) are uncapable of booting newer versions of libreelec 11. I have many SDs but all of them are 32Gb or more, so no option to swap to smaller SDs. The problem has more to do with the kernel than libreelec. There is a long thread in this forum related to that, and AFAIK, it's not solved yet. I doubt that the issue has anything to do with the lack of PVR clients in Kodi, but just in case I explain here.

• New
    • Best Answer

The add-on base version is bumped occasionally during development; meaning over time there are multiple versions of the add-on repo and a specific LE nightly will pull add-ons only from it's hard-coded version-matched repo. We aim to keep current and one-previous nightly repo version around (although only the current one will receive updates) and we delete older repos to save disk space over time which means old nightlies will often have no add-ons available. It's not clear from your explanation whether this is an LE11 or LE12 nightly, but I'd guess LE12 and that's likely the problem. Unless you want to build your own add-ons, the sole solution is to update to a current release (with current repo).

NB: while it will boot, Zero 2W is no longer supported due to being 512MB RAM size. I'm also not aware of any issues with Samsung SD cards over 32GB, and anything with major boot impact like that would normally be a high priority firmware or kernel issue for the Pi developers to resolve.

• chewitt

Thanks for clarification. I will drop the idea of using the Zero then, no problem. I was not aware of support being dropped for Zero.

In response to your questions:

• nightly-20230201-a144326 is LE11 (LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-11.0-nightly-20230201-a144326.img.gz)
    • not exactly a major issue with Samsung SD cards over 32GB (I found out a looooong thread about this issue here, but I don't have the URL at hand right now) but in any case it is confirmed as not part of the issue that raised this thread in first place so nevermind 😉

thank you very much