...a bit more OS? :) locate, PATH, bashrc

• Hi, long time Open- and then LibreELEC user here. I often login via SSH to my Raspberry Pi 3 to sort out stuff: moving, renaming, reSceneing releases... Stuff. :)

What made me come to post here is that I would find it very useful to have the locate/mlocate program on my Pi, but it's not part of the standard LibreELEC distribution and I couldn't find any addons providing it. Would it be possible to add it, or is there any specific reason why it's not there?

While I'm here, I have a couple more small requests: adding a user-owned directory in the PATH of executable files, to store custom scripts and the like; sourcing .bashrc on login to be able to use custom command aliases and so on.

I understand shell usage is not the focus of LibreELEC, but I think these changes would still be useful to some of us and have no negative impact (the path would be empty or not even exist for new users, the same could be done for the .bashrc file, locate could have a default configuration with no watched directories or be off by default).

Thanks for your attention and for all the great work on LibreELEC!

• We don't use bash

also, path can be amended using add-ons (or you can fudge the path yourself)

see, LibreELEC.tv/99-kodi.conf at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Thanks for your reply!

About bash, I typed .bashrc by habit, but already now putting some commands in such file and running "# source .bashrc" just works, so it would just be a matter of automating it.

About the PATH, it looks like it's already done (I'll take another look at your link), so cool. :)

Any insight about mlocate? :D
    [hr]

It should be possible to export any $PATH you like from autostart.sh or ~/.profile ?

...right. :blush: The thing is I don't have those files right now and I forgot they could be created and used. I guess this answers my request for path and sourcing custom commands. Thanks!

Edited once, last by nevernow (December 6, 2016 at 6:15 PM).