Raspberry Pi4 - LE 11.0.3 - No video signal on hdmi0, no CEC on hdmi1

• Hello,

I am facing this problem at the moment: clean install of LE 11.0.3, if I connect the HDMI cable on the port closer to the power input, the TV reads the device via CEC but I get a no signal error, if I connect the HDMI cable to the other port I get a video/audio signal but CEC does not work and I can't use my TV remote to control Kodi.

Could you please help me?

This is my config.txt:

Do you need the output of something else?

Thank you.

• HDMI-1 doesn't support CEC by design. A/V should work on both ports without special configuration.

Did HDMI-0 ever worked with another OS? If LE is your first OS on RPi4, try RPi OS.

• It did work before. To be honest, HDMI-1 didn't work before, now it's the opposite.

I started with LE 9, and it was working fine.

Then I had a problem (I can't correctly recall what it was) where Kodi froze, I had to reboot the Pi4. After the reboot, I had a display problem (it was like the TV was divided in 4 monitor and Kodi was only show on the top left quarter) and I tried to upgrade to LE 10 (without doing a clean installation). Since the issues were still present, I decided to do a clean installation of LE 11. Video was back fine, but CEC wasn't working (probably because I switched to hdmi1 port).

Now if I switch back to HDMI-0 port, I have no A/V, and I would like to remain on LE.

• From what you say, it could be a hardware defect at HDMI-0. That's why you should try RPi OS on another microSD.

If you use a 4K display, make sure to use an HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 cable. Sometimes a slightly higher data rate leads to HDMI interruption due to a bad cable.

• Hi Da Flex,

I appreciate your help, but the issue disappeared by itself or I am just st*pid.

I just rebooted the Pi4 with the HDMI cable already connected to HDMI-0 and both CEC and A/V started working.

The thread can be closed.

• Now it gets confusing, over at the kodi forum you posted that you got it working.

My TV remote suddenly stopped working with Kodi

Ok, I just rebooted the Pi4 with the HDMI cable already connected to HDMI-0 and it started working.
    The thread can be closed.

Please don't double post to different forums as this creates double work (lots of us developers monitor both forums).

If you double post please keep both your threads up-to-date to avoid confusion and unnecessary work for us devs.

so long,

Hias

• Fine. Your electromagnetic environment might be the cause. If the issue appears again, try a 4K cable (HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 standard). Those cables have better shielding.

• That thread was from January.

I though to try my luck here, and when I was about to post that the problem disappeared, I got a error because I had to wait 2400 seconds to post a message again.