Wifi password not persistent after reboot

• Hello,

I have a Pine64 ROCKPro64 with ROCKPro64 1×1 Dual Band WIFI 802.11AC/BLUETOOTH 5.0 MODULE running LibeELEC 11.0.6.

I setup the Wifi. It connected successfully and it is working fine.

However, after reboot, the password is not saved, and I need to manually reenter the password at each boot.

How can I fix that?

Thanks.

• Check the MAC address (visible in Kodi settings). Does it change on each reboot?

If yes, this is the reason the settings aren't persistent. ConnMan stores service details in a format that includes the MAC address, so on reboot when it changes there's no matching existing service and you need to repeat the process.

The cause is probably something specific to the board, but i'm not personally that well versed in Rockchip things.

• https://pine64.com/product/rockpr…oth-5-0-module/ says this is a Cypress (aka Broadcom) CYW43455 SDIO module so the fix is probably to use the correct firwmare/nvram files for the module. If there is no board specific file provided the kernel driver will look for default files and use them, but the current ones we package are sourced from some Amlogic boards and might not give great results.

Pine64 probably have the correct brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin/brcmfmac43455-sdio.txt files to use in distro images and you can override the ones we provide by creating /storage/.config/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.(bin/txt) locally and rebooting.