Sub 1080p content not scaling?

• I run LibreElec 7.90.008 and can't figure out how to get sub 1080p content to scale to fill the screen?

The content is on a 1080p Samsun 55" display and UI is set to 1080p.

Anytime I play sub 1080p content the display still outputs @ 1080p (which I expect) I don't know if my tv even supports lower resolutions? But content displays at its native resolution.

So 480p content will display as a small box in the center of the screen that is about 640x480 pixels.

720p will display as a slightly large box in the middle of the screen that is about 1280x720 pixels.

This isn't just a content issue either, my last setup was an old laptop with a cracked screen running Kodi v14 all the time and the exact same files would scale to fit the entire screen on that setup. Now nothing scales, it just shows at its native resolution in the middle of the screen.

How can I fix this so that everything simply fills the screen automatically (or close to it, I don't care if there are some small bars at top and bottom).

To be clear I know that I can adjust the zoom settings on my tv, but that is not a fix just a workaround.

I know this functionality exists (or at least it worked this way in Kodi v14), I just can't figure out how to get it going again?

• Have you tried bringing up Kodi OSD and go to video settings > view mode > normal ?

Video playback - Official Kodi Wiki

This should be the default setting. Maybe you have changed it to something else by default, in which case you can go "set as default for all videos" once you have fixed it.

Edited once, last by trent (December 5, 2016 at 9:25 PM).

• Have you tried bringing up Kodi OSD and go to video settings > view mode > normal ?

Video playback - Official Kodi Wiki

This should be the default setting. Maybe you have changed it to something else by default, in which case you can go "set as default for all videos" once you have fixed it.

How do I get to this? I don't see this menu under any of the settings?

Is the Kodi OSD something different than just going to settings section?
    [hr]
    Nevermind, I got it! Google told me just press Enter or M while playing a video! Normal worked, thank you very much!

Edited once, last by CA_cabotage (December 5, 2016 at 9:33 PM).