No boot on X96S TV stick (905Y2) - black screen

• Hello - trying the generic 11.0.6 build on this device: https://www.amazon.com/X96S-Android-A…t/dp/B0CFZS5GB7.

I tried with all of the G12A (S905X2/D2/Y2) dtb's turn, just get a black screen with each, no boot.

I can boot CoreELEC 20.4-Nexus-Generic on the same stick, but there are issues with WiFi and BT support for the Realtek rtl8723bs so I thought I'd try LibreELEC.

Any suggestions on how to get LibreELEC up and running on this stick?

TIA

• If the device has booted CE it will be looking for CE boot files which are different to LE boot files. You need to trigger recovery boot again so the device searches for LE bootscripts and loads them. This will stop CE from working.. until you repeat the process and make the stick search for CE bootscripts. NB: LE bootscripts use the dtb name configured in uEnv.ini, we do not use the "rename dtb file to dtb.img" process that CE uses, so if you are doing that, it's why nothing works.

• I did do a recovery boot when switching from CE to LE, but the unit booted in Android anyway, so I tired the CE technique of copying the dtb to the root sir and renaming it, then trying the recovery boot again.

If I'm not supposed to do that, is there something else I need to do after I write the SD to prep it for first boot? Inserting it in the TV stick and attempting a recovery boot does not work.

• Ok, I RTFM. I will try again. I think it might be helpful reference that extra step for "box" installs in the brief instructions in the "downloads" pages.

I was able to get the device to boot to Libreelec, now stuck on a problem with the remote, which I'll post a new thread for.

Thx

Edited once, last by edinsac: Merged a post created by edinsac into this post. (March 2, 2024 at 8:58 PM).