Kore can detect it but is unable to connect to it

• Hello,

I can't connect to libreelec with Kore and i don't get why. Remote control is enabled and kore is able to find it with automatic connection, but connection fails at every attempt.

Why does it not work despite everything is set to work ?

• I'd guess that auto-discovery uses UDP broadcast so anything on the same switch or subnet can receive that traffic and show the server(s) available. However Kore needs to make a direct TCP connection to Kodi for control, so if e.g. a VPN connection is active and configured to "route all traffic" (noting the problem in your previous post) that connection will be routed down the tunnel and will fail. If that's not the issue, you need to share IP/subnet and routing table info for the Phone and the HTPC.

• I have a similar problem with PiHelper. That is an iOS app which is connecting to the Raspberry Pi via SSH and reading telemetry, and can reboot the device, etc. It can connect my RPi2 which is running Volumio with no issues, but the connection fails when I try to connect to RPi4 with Libreelec 11.0.6. It's setup the same way as my terminal which is able to log in. It seems like the app can't even connect the RPi4. (error message in the app: "Connection to host: 192.168.x.yyy failed")