Rpi2 Bluetooth Gamepad Auto RE-Connect

• I have 2 Controllers setup and retroarch installed. 1st Controller PS3 Gamepad. Works fine. Buetooth after marked as trusted reconnects every time after reboot and standby. Also works in retroarch off the bat.

2nd Controller is a cheap chinese ps3 style Game pad called Lemon S600 Gamepad is made for android devices. Its connected and says its trusted but will not auto/re connect after reboot or when stand by. When the device is connected retroarch doesnt find it but I created a new udev rule to allow retroarch to find device and created a new gamepad profile.cfg in retroarch with tilte S600Gamepad and it works ok now.

So my only issue is the auto reconnect as I need to keep going into bluetooth in services and add device again. I checked my bluetooth cache file and device is listed and marked as trusted. I have been searching forums trying to find an answer on how to manually force the auto re-connection by scripts etc but can't find anything that works as most are using a desktop enviroment (raspbian) with sudo coomand to force the bluetooth auto reconnect.

I am currently using Stable LebreELEC. I tried the ALPHA as I would love the controllers to work with the Kodi menu but had too many errors with addons so reverted back.

Thanks for taking time to read this and hope someone out there could help me.

Pad seems to re-connect when turned on for 3-4 seconds then disconnects again until I tell it to go pair again. Example from my putty session below.

login as: root
    [email protected]'s password:
    ##############################################
    # LibreELEC #
    # LibreELEC – Just enough OS for KODI #
    ##############################################

LibreELEC (official) Version: 7.0.2
    LibreELEC:~ # bluetoothctl
    [NEW] Controller 00:09: DD:50:8A:1A LibreELEC [default]
    [NEW] Device E4:E0:C5:C7:85:EF DTVBluetooth
    [NEW] Device E8:A1:01:00:0C: D3 S600 Gamepad
    [CHG] Device E8:A1:01:00:0C: D3 Connected: yes
    [CHG] Device E8:A1:01:00:0C: D3 Connected: no
    [bluetooth]#

Tried again with alpha image....... same issues

Edited once, last by scottglindsay (December 5, 2016 at 2:32 PM).

• I think the bug is the fact you bought a cheap Chinese knock off [emoji13]

Yeah could be the problem...... :D
    But its for my 5 year old son to play Super Mario and other retro games. We also used this pad on the PC and it does work fine even the auto reconnect. That's why I assumed it was a slight a problem with LibreELEC/rpi. Just want it to be pick up and play for my son as it makes no difference to me but I'm not always there.