RPi 5 First impressions

• My RPi 5 finally arrived today and I couldn't wait to assemble and test. Aside from the LE USB Creator not working I loaded a 16gb sd card and viola! 11.06 running without a hitch. 1st boot was on an old Samsung 32" led 720 flavor then on to a Sony 46" LED. I made no changes and boot was perfect. The Pi 5 is fast by any measure and seems to perform identical to my i3 HTPC system. Nice work from the Pi folks and of course our hero DEVs. Nice work guys and gals.

• I've had every model of the RPi and switched between them all, but for me the jump in capability/performance from RPi4 to RPi5 was the most noticeable. It 'feels' the most refined/complete out of them all, like all the wasted fat was trimmed away, leaving only lean transistors.

• it does feel smoother then 4b but I still find NUCs used to be better as they had better HTPC features which work out of box like power on from remote etc.

now since NUC10 things gone downhill so I sold my NUC11 as it cant pass through TrueHD properly but with Pi I have to use Argon case to make it power on via remote but even that needs lot of work and needs updating for Pi5 by Argon devs. Heck they not even used Pi built in Fan feature and still using custom board to control fan!