RPi 4 1GB + libreELEC 11.0.6 absolutely unusable due to losing USB connections and crashing

• Hey everyone,
    I use a newly bought RPi 4 1 GB as a dedicated music server. The issue with the new version 11.0.6 is that I cannot scan the music database. Shortly after the scan is initiated, the external SSD is unmounted. All other USB connections are also interrupted, preventing me from controlling the RPi with the gamepad. Sometimes none of the connections work anymore, neither through SSH nor HTTP. The RPi seems to still be alive but is absolutely inaccessible. After the hard reset I have to re-enter the wifi password and so on.

I have tried various power supplies and different boot media. Booting from an SSD was not possible at all, as the initial resizing did not work. Installing and cloning an older HDD and manually resizing also did not succeed. Therefore, the SSD is ruled out as a boot medium. That leaves the thumb drive or SD card. However, the behavior remains the same.

The only solution was to use version 10.0.4. Everything seems to work here. Nevertheless, booting and scanning the library is ridiculously slow. Besides it's contantly losing and re-establishing websockets connection making the interaction via HTTP real slow. It is significantly slower than my RPi 3 running the same version. This doesn't make much sense to me. Do I have a faulty RPi unit?

Here are the logs I obtained through pastekodi
    https://paste.libreelec.tv/distinct-puma.log
    https://paste.libreelec.tv/worthy-shepherd.log

• Go to Best Answer
  • According to the log you are hitting the rather common UAS issue with your USB drive (lots of cheap drives have broken UAS implementations and Intenso doesn't have the best reputation).

Code
    Feb 06 12:22:13.841587 LibreELEC kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#21 uas_eh_abort_handler 0 uas-tag 3 inflight: CMD IN 
    Feb 06 12:22:13.842112 LibreELEC kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] tag#21 CDB: opcode=0x28 28 00 77 3b c7 88 00 00 68 00
    Feb 06 12:22:13.871559 LibreELEC kernel: scsi host0: uas_eh_device_reset_handler start

Add usb_storage.quirks=152d:0578:u to the end of /flash/cmdline.txt (on the same line!) to disable UAS for the SSD.

so long,

Hias

• It worked! Thank you very much!
    Now the scanning progress percentagew is displayed correctly either.

I never would have thought there's a problem with the drive itself as it effects all USB ports.