Two Network Connections?

• Greetings! I've recently added a LibreElec system to my home network. I have 4 Linux systems on the network and each has two network adapters. Internet access is via Wi-Fi and filesharing is via wired network. This is easily accomplished on my Lubuntu and Debian systems via the Network Connections Manager or even via CLI and manually editing a system-connection file. I can't seem to find a network configuration file to modify or any other way to configure LibreElec to do this. LibreElec does see both adapters and it will connect via both, but always defaults to using the wired connection for any network activity.

Is it possible to manually configure two network adapters on LibreElec?

• Go to Best Answer
  • Code
    cp /etc/connman/main.conf /storage/.config/connman_main.conf
    sed -i 's/PreferredTechnologies = ethernet,wifi,cellular/PreferredTechnologies = wifi,ethernet,cellular/g' /storage/.config/connman_main.conf
    reboot

^ beware the wrapped line in the sed command. This will tell ConnMan to prefer WiFi over Ethernet resulting in the default route to the internet being assigned to wlan0 when both eth0 and wlan0 interfaces are active.

• Code
    cp /etc/connman/main.conf /storage/.config/connman_main.conf
    sed -i 's/PreferredTechnologies = ethernet,wifi,cellular/PreferredTechnologies = wifi,ethernet,cellular/g' /storage/.config/connman_main.conf
    reboot

^ beware the wrapped line in the sed command. This will tell ConnMan to prefer WiFi over Ethernet resulting in the default route to the internet being assigned to wlan0 when both eth0 and wlan0 interfaces are active.

Thank you sir! Works as expected now. :thumbup: