Passthough audio only works as 3 channel. 5.1 not wokring on rock64 board for latest nightly.

• I have the 01-21 nightly installed, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to enable the audio pass through so that I can have 5.1 sound.

I have a receiver connected to the ark port of my tv. If I used my S905x box with coreelec installed it passes the audio through in Dolby or whatever 5.1 is expected.

I wanted to get away from that device, so I setup the latest nightly on my Rock64 board.

When I try to push 5.1 audio I get right,left, and center without issue. I get no sub, and the rear speakers are routed to the front left/right.

I have tried setting the number of channels to both 2.0 and 5.1. I have also tried changing the audio output device to all the various HDMI options.

The place where I would find the pass through option in Coreelec does not seem to exist in Libreeelc, and I have been unable to find it under any other menus either.

Can anyone suggest where my user error is?

I am happy to provide additional information if there is something specific that would help. Just let me know what is needed.

• I'm having the same problem. On my RPi3, it shows up in the menu under settings-audio. I just switched to a Libre Computer RK3328 and in the settings menu pass through options are not there. However when playing a video if I click the settings and audio options I see allow pass through in the settings. But it gives no options for DTS, Dolby digital,ect.,and my receiver shows no dolby signal is being received. Maybe it has something to do with the rock chip 3328? I would love to find out.

• you can activate it manually , edit guisettings.xml.

Code
        <setting id="audiooutput.passthrough">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.passthroughdevice">ALSA:hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.ac3passthrough" default="true">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.ac3transcode" default="true">false</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.eac3passthrough">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.dtspassthrough">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.truehdpassthrough">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.dtshdpassthrough">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.dtshdcorefallback" default="true">true</setting>
  • you can activate it manually , edit guisettings.xml.

Code
        <setting id="audiooutput.passthrough">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.passthroughdevice">ALSA:hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.ac3passthrough" default="true">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.ac3transcode" default="true">false</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.eac3passthrough">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.dtspassthrough">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.truehdpassthrough">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.dtshdpassthrough">true</setting>
        <setting id="audiooutput.dtshdcorefallback" default="true">true</setting>

So there are GUI settings that don't function, but the underlying ability is there if you manually edit files?

Why not just enable to GUI settings to edit those file. Isn't that the whole point of a GUI?

Well damn, I guess I'll have to go to a different computer. Maybe a Orange pi, or a Raspberry pi when they become more available.

I got a N2+ off ebay, and switched to CoreElec. Pity the Rock64 never got any real love.

Edited once, last by wizardknight: Merged a post created by wizardknight into this post. (February 8, 2024 at 9:23 PM).