black screen after boot (fixed but no sound)

• Hi,

I have and old laptop that is to slow for windows, so I put librelec on there.

But the system won't switch to hdmi automatically (probably because the screen resolution is to low.) The external screen is getting input but it is black.

I followed the steps on https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/edid#custom-edid which solved the video problems.

But I can't get audio to switch to the tv.

I tried every setting in the gui to change the audio output.

In the audio decoder menu I can select what I want, audio stays on laptop

If I turn on audio pass-through I get no audio on laptop and no audio on tv...

Any help would be appreciated...

• LE is designed for HTPC hardware that has a single active video output device and Kodi detects the available audio hardware ONLY on first boot so this is linked to the display device. Laptops have two output devices; the LVDS/eDP internal screen and a VGA or HDMI output to the TV. As we do not run under a Windowing system that allows you to live-switch between monitors/outputs you need to edit the kernel boot params in /flash/syslinux.cfg to add config that disables output to the internal screen.; leaving one active device (to the TV) and everything should work as normal.

Running "tail /sys/class/drm/*/status" will show you the names of the connected devices. Adding "video=LVDS-1:d" to boot params will disable the "LVDS-1" device. Change the name to suit what's on your system. Run "mount -o remount,rw /flash" to make /flash editable first. Ensure you add to boot params on the same line (not just in the same file).