CEC working intermittently only

• Firstly thanks heaps for bringing nexus to our old s905 boxes :)

Sorry if already answered but I searched everywhere

Running the latest Stable LE 11 build

Beelink mini mx is my device

Tried minixiii , neo u1 and generic 200 build, ..201 Ethernet doesn't work?

CEC sometimes works sometimes doesnt,

Worked perfectly on old corelec legacy build

Any tips on dtb or CEC settings to make this more stable.

I can't find a fix

Thanks guys

• I don't ever test CEC functions so it's hard for me to comment, but if it's working intermittently I'm wondering if timing impacts the problem, i.e. whether Kodi starts before something is ready. You can test/prove that by restarting Kodi with "systemctl restart kodi" over SSH. If it works on restart, it's timing. If it's still intermittent, it's something else. For device-trees you just have to experiment. Google says the box has GB Ethernet so p200 should work; p201 has internal 10/100 PHY only.

• Thanks for the quick response

The SSH reboot did not help

Infact SSH reboots and manual reboots seem to make the CEC more likely to fail,

The CEC although still inconsistent, seems to work best after initial power up, not sure if any of that helps.

Also if I change the device type in the CEC settings from recording to device to tuner or playing device, CEC instantly stops working

Thanks again.

Edited once, last by Jezza1222 (January 4, 2024 at 4:40 AM).

• The other standard advice to resolve CEC issues is: turn everything off, physically unplug cables, go make a coffee/tea (add some minutes of time delay in the sequence) then reconnect cables and power it all back on again. It sounds like random juju, but it genuinely does resolve some issues for users (no guarantees for yours, but harmless and free to try).

• One quirk that messed stuff up for me was powering on my receiver (for surround sound) while tv was showing LE. Cec would freak out. So now I first switch to another source on the tv, then turn the receiver on, wait till tv says audio has switched, and then I go back to LE.

• Hi guys, thanks for your help but no luck - still very glitchy, had to go back to coreelec where the CEC is rock solid.

Let me know if this ever gets resolved as stuck on Leia with Coreelec

Thanks again