YouTube Playback LibreElec 11

• Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post and get help. As well, if there is specific information you require me to share, let me know.

Recently I updated my LibreElec from 10.x.x to 11.0.4 and I am now having playback issue via YouTube app. I am running a RPi4b and had no issues watching YouTube at 1080p 30fps until after I did the update.

Did something change the way LibreElec/Kodi decodes YT videos? I did not make any changes to my Player Settings, Display Settings, YT app settings, nor any changes to Input Stream Adaptive.

The issue i am facing seems like a decoding issue to me as the lag and stutter is something i have seen before. Also i have noticed some videos playing at 50fps or 60fps at 1080p, which I thought i had blocked via settings a while ago.

Anny suggestions would be helpful. I can share pictures of my settings and if there is a log needed, do let me know how and what and i will try and share.

Thank you

• I've been using Tubed for a while but had to resurrect the main YouTube add-on last week to test something. Once I fixed OAUTH login issues with my personal keys the YouTube add-on was preferring VP9/AV1 media at 4K/59.94 which was a) too much for an RPi5, b) not how things were configured in the past. After some config review to limit things to 1080p again, all was good. That sounds rather similar to your experience. I'd hazard a guess that 10.x with Matrix uses an older version of the YouTube add-on and with the 11.x update to Nexus the add-on has bumped to current and revised defaults/options and changed something.

• Yea I am not sure what it is. I even tried forcing 720p only and I am still having playback issues wit hthe video starting and stopping/pausing after A/V goes out of sync.

• I haven't used Tubed. But I solved my issue via the YT addon settings and disabling av01 as a codec option for loading videos. VP9 and AVC1 decode perfectly fine via HW acceleration on pi4b