Shutdown timer notification

• Hello,
    I and my familly use libreElec on rPI every day.
    We use the shutdown timer every night to schedule powerOff when we go to sleep with the TV on. Also the power supply of my TVs are drived by USB port of my rPI that run libreElec so kodi is the only interface that manage libreElec itself on a rPI and the associated screen.

Can you add an alert (notification or centered message on screen if possible) almost 1 minute before the end of the shutdown timer please ?
    With this, if we see this alert and we want to add time to the schedule, we can cancel the timer and set a new one.
    Actually, we don't now when the timer end. This cause the shutdown of kodi. If we want more time, we need to power on again kodi, navigate to the tv chanel or film. It's not easy when we are in pre-sleeping phase Sourire

Note : I have asked this feature directly on Kodi forum and one answer was that LibreElec use it's own fork so I try my chance here. This feature seems to be asked from long time to the kodi team but without success. I guess is not an hard work to implement this feature...

I'm personnaly a develloper and I think it can be easy to add this feature. I don't have time to read all the kodi/libreElec docs but if you give me minimals keys to dev this feature, I can help !

Best Regards,

• It's a nice idea but the advice was wrong. The underlying OS only sees a shutdown event being signalled when the timer expires. The poweroff schedule/timeout is managed within Kodi so the notification has to be implemented and triggered within Kodi. This will also ensure the feature works on all distros and not just LE.

60 seconds of glancing at Kodi code suggests this is involved: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob…werHandling.cpp .. but I'm not a programmer, so you'll need to take the intiative.

Also see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/23299 which is unrelated but will give hints on where to add settings changes. I'd suggest the time value for the notification (how many mins before timer expiry to pop something) is made a configurable item.