Hardware advice needed

• Hi guys,

i searched through different threads regarding hardware advice, but as most of them were from 2022 and earlier or just don't meet my requirements,so i'd like to start a new thread.

Years ago i was a user of openelec, i think libreelec is the successor, right? during the last years the FireTV Sticks 4k and 4k max did the job. But now i need some stuff, which those sticks aren't able to deliver.

What's needed?
    HDR, HDR10 - DoVi nice but not necessarily ...
    Dolby TrueHD passthrough incl. embedded Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital + incl. embedded Atmos, DTS-HD MA not necessarily

Could Libreelec deliver this? Which hardware advice could you guys give me as of the end of 2023?

Thank you very much in advance , greets from Austria

• RPi4 or RPi5 will work fine for this, I recommend getting a 4GB model (RPi4 2GB is also OK).

Dolby Vision isn't supported in LibreELEC but other than that the RPis will handle 4k HDR10 and HLG plus HD audio passthrough just fine.

so long,

Hias (greetings back from Salzburg)

• Good morning!

thank you very much!

DoVi in fact isn't necessary, on my LG OLED HDR10(+) - looks even better to me than DoVi. Btw ... just for interest ... as HDR10 wouldn't be a problem, the dynamic HDR10+ would also be supported, right?

Thank you very much for your advice, you're helping me a lot and saving me from buying an expensive nvidia Shield :)

best greets back from Carinthia :D

Edited once, last by nokodemus (December 21, 2023 at 5:39 AM).