Music started via remote control does not always play

• Hello!

I am using LibreELEC 12 (nightly-20231216-63347fc) on a RaspberryPi 5. Attached to it, I use some generic I2S audio hardware via the hifiberry overlay. Music is supplied by the "Jellyfin" plugin that connects to my server for media.

From the Kodi interface, I can browse and play music, shows, movies, etc. without any issue. However, that changes, when I use a remote control (happens with both KORE and Yatse) for initiating playback. Then, playing a single song directly only works every second or third time. Playing a show always works fine. Choosing to play all songs of an album also works.

See this log of attempting to play two individual songs (starting around 2023-12-17 00:03:31.532 T:1001:( https://paste.libreelec.tv/outgoing-pony.log

The first song plays, the second song fails. It appears like the second song was not found for some reason. I can repeatedly attempt playing a song, and at some point it will start.

Do you have some insight for debugging this further?

Thanks in advance!

• I'm not seeing any issues with audio file playback using normal Kodi so it's probably best to report this to Jellfin add-on devs via the Kodi forum (as likely something specific to that add-on).

• Well, I think I found the issue.

I tried setting up LE 11 on a Raspberry Pi 4 with all stable software, and everything worked initially. Then, I customized the experience piece by piece, until I broke it again.

The culprit was, confusingly, the skin I chose: "Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded". Maybe its always visible "Now playing" view influences the startup of playback. I will try to report this fact to the author of the skin.