Blank screen on new LG TV UQ70 worked on older LG

• So you want to listen to TV speakers. Go into TV settings, and search for HDMI audio settings. Maybe audio is disabled for HDMI. If you find something, enable it, and reboot RPi.

• so I don't know that means, except that it has to be a kodi setting, but If I do:

systemctl stop kodi

The boot splash comes back so it is can still connect to the TV

but when I start it again:

systemctl start kodi

boom, back to blank screen.

Can I try different resolution from the cmd line?

• So you want to listen to TV speakers. Go into TV settings, and search for HDMI audio settings. Maybe audio is disabled for HDMI. If you find something, enable it, and reboot RPi.

It is not disabled because I have used other audio via hdmi. My xbox works fine for instance.

• So it turns out there was a cord that was common in all my testing. The mini-hdmi connector. I tried another one of those that I have and it seems to be working now. I read that the small jumpers can have problems so I am going to get a new long hdmi to mini hdmi cord to replace both cables.

It seems everything is working even CEC. Though I did find out that LG does not let CEC communicate through a switch so that is a problem. But that is something I will have to figure out.

Thank you to all for all your help.

• Though I did find out that LG does not let CEC communicate through a switch so that is a problem. But that is something I will have to figure out.

I have 4 Raspberry Pi 4 & 5 connected through a switch to a LG 65CX without any problems.

• I have 4 Raspberry Pi 4 & 5 connected through a switch to a LG 65CX without any problems.

yes it seems there are some switches that don't do pass through CEC. I did not know that was a thing but I guess it is. So I have ordered one that says it does CEC pass through. We will see. Before I looked into it, I was worried it was an LG thing but I don't think so. Glad to hear it works for you.