Issues with RPi5 and CEC

• Hello,

My shiny new RPi5 was delivered and I installed Libreelec 12.0 nightly-20231122-122ab47. Almost all works well, but I'm having issues with CEC and I can't control Kodi with my Samsung TV remote. I had the same problem with LibreELEC-RPi5.arm-11.0-nightly-20231121-409857 and I thought that updating to 12.0 would fix the issue, but it didn't. I also had an HDMI-HDMI cable with HDMI-microHDMI adapter and I thought that might be the issue, so I bought an HDMI-microHDMI cable, but the problem persist. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• I found this thread:

PiMONSTER
    September 20, 2023 at 7:09 PM

I disconnected everything, waited 15 minutes, then connected the HDMI to the port next to USB-C power, then powered my TV, then RPi and now CEC is working. I believe that only the HDMI port next to power supports CEC.

• TV's often retain info on connected devices and the only way to truly clear this is disconnecting cables and properly powering everything down before turning the TV back on and reconnecting and powering everything on again. Once it works it generally stays working :)

• Fully support chewitt on this. I've had a lot of problems when I switched to a Dell Optiplex many of which were from having two HDMI devices plugged into the TV at the same time.

I recently decided to test my DVD drive (used very rarely these days) and found the TV's remote no longer controlled Kodi. Since both the TV & DVD drive had SCART I decided to "cure" the problem once and for all and disconnected the HDMI cable from the DVD drive. I'm pleased to say everything works properly now.

• I might be having this same issue, but I would like to check that an additional complication isn't getting in the way.

My amp is at the heart of my system, with the TV and Pi connected to it on separate ports. Video and audio playback from the Pi works OK, but I can't navigate menus using the TV remote (been using a mouse to test). So my CEC commands needs to go from my TV, to the amp and finally to the Pi. Should this just magically work if CEC is enabled and I've selected the Pi input source on the amp, etc? (CEC control of the amp is working OK). Can someone confirm that should all work OK? Thanks.