Getting LibreElec 11 on a Slice CM3+

• Hi there,

I hope I can get an answer here, looks very calm here last few month.

I got an Slice Barbone with a CM3+ from a friend, running LibreElec 9.2.8 on it.

I read the most posts here, but I am not so used to all of the slice things.

So my question: Is it possible to get the Slice updated to LE11 with the LED features?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my in ability :blush:

• The Slice add-on that managed the LED ring in the background is Python2 based and wasn't migrated/updated to Python3 which is needed for compatibility with LE11. You can cross-grade/update the main OS to LE11 by switching to the RPi2 image, but the LED functions will stop in the process. Cross-grading requires you to SSH in and download the RPi2 image to /storage/.update and "touch /storage/.update/.nocompat" to override the compat check which will detect a non-Slice image and abort the update process.

• Many thanks for this info chewitt !

So this is to strange to do for me due to not so familiar to Raspi and Linux. Atm I will use 9.2.8, works fine.

Maybe in future, when using Netflix.

So many thanks again and have a nice weekend.

• The Slice add-on that managed the LED ring in the background is Python2 based and wasn't migrated/updated to Python3 which is needed for compatibility with LE11. You can cross-grade/update the main OS to LE11 by switching to the RPi2 image, but the LED functions will stop in the process. Cross-grading requires you to SSH in and download the RPi2 image to /storage/.update and "touch /storage/.update/.nocompat" to override the compat check which will detect a non-Slice image and abort the update process.

So I was thinking about that LED strip on the Slice and how it actually works, but there's probably no way to integrate the LED's into my Slice NAS project I assume?