Astrometa mn88473 DVB T/T2/C but problem with DVB-C

• Hi and thanks for Librelec (and openelec).

-

I'm using this cheap tuner from ebay -
    on x86 Libreelec, it's recognized by tvheadend (can see all 3 tuners available, including dvb-c).

If i use DVB-C i can scan and find channels but there is an insane amount of continuity errors. practically un watchable.

I've tried on 2 seperate machines - a gigabyte brix and a lenovo small form factor computer, both with the latest stable librelec release from the download section.

I've also tried these as well just in case LibreELEC (unofficial) Kodi builds for additional DVB Drivers

-

In case it was the tuner itself, i installed progdvb on my windows laptop and tried there - worked perfect, flawlessly.

-

I use an ubuntu server with tvheadend and a TBS6909 so i decided to try the stick in there to see if it's a linux issue or librelec/drivers/tvheadend.
    Unfortunately i couldn't get it working at all - posted here if interested (as this guy used the same stick as an example) - otherwise ignore it > howto: ubuntu 16.04 Tvheadend DVB-C/S(2)/T & non-DVB (ipcam/DV) rotate recording

I'm willing to donate 30$ to get this working on Librelec (no stutter).

Thank you.

• This is mooost likely a kernel/driver bug. This is MAYBE fixed in a new kernel - !! MAYBE !!

Pls try the latest LE 7.90.008 if it works there, if not we can test if some experimental driver works or not :)

an dmesg | paste would be nice

• Thanks for the reply CvH.

I tried the alpha but have the same problem.

I'm wondering if it's a power issue for the dongle from the 2 small form factor computers, although i would have thought it would work tbh.
    I could try to get hold of a hub - although i'm told hubs + dvb are not recommended anyway.

I read somewhere that may be the device is showing up as a MN88473 but may be a MN88472, not sure how to tell though.

probably doesn't mean much but this is the tvheadend log.

this is from lsusb -v

this is the MN88472
    Antti's LinuxTV Blog: Naked hardware #14: DVB-T2 USB TV Stick HD-901T2

this is the MN88473
    Antti's LinuxTV Blog: Naked hardware #18: Astrometa AMDVB-T2 v2
    --

• I need an dmesg | paste pls, hard to tell whats going on.

You can try "Disable PMT monitoring" if you can found it at the device options in Tvh.
    Also give VDR a try if it works there (to rule out that Tvh is the problem).

Power should not be the problem.

dmesg >
    no monitor plugged in here

I will check with VDR later today Thanks (i need to move it to a monitor to manage the plugins more easily)

Thanks
    [hr]
    tvh shows correct (will check vdr later though)

Edited once, last by snailboy1 (December 4, 2016 at 6:00 AM).

• Hi,
    I use same usb tuner with kszaq build in Amlogic TV box, and have same issue. when scan DVB-C via Tvh have transponders who worked good and descrambled OK, but also have transponders where cant scan, or after scan worked with pixelization. This is problem with tuner drivers. There have question about that, but Antti not have "motivation" to make it worked :)

Edited once, last by kokovi4 (December 4, 2016 at 7:02 PM).

• Hi,
    I use same usb tuner with kszaq build in Amlogic TV box, and have same issue. when scan DVB-C via Tvh have transponders who worked good and descrambled OK, but also have transponders where cant scan, or after scan worked with pixelization. This is problem with tuner drivers. There have question about that, but Antti not have "motivation" to make it worked :)

looks like could be related to that post.

also notice someone else has no issues on windows using dvbviewer..

has to be some linux driver issue :/

it is a shame if we can't get this working as this is the most common dvb-c usb adapter on ebay and everywhere. it's completely saturated the market. and cheap

Digital DVB-T2 DVB-T DVB-C+ FM+ DAB USB Dongle HDTV Tuner Receiver Stick &Remote | eBay

• Hi,

Looks like someone is interested in selling the expensive USB sticks first :D But really, is there so much time passed and nothing? No new drivers? Funny is that sometimes works the stick completely normal after reboot of rpi2 stops the work again?
    I had a 8.0.0, kernel 4.8.13, no media_build installed, and it ran well for a long time. Suddenly no more.

Edit:

I thing I found solution for this issue - >> LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)

1. Update to night build - Weekly Linux 4.11-rc6 build #0410x: RPi / RPi2
    2. Install milhouse Related tvheadend - Index of /builds/addons/

Edited once, last by Aux (April 17, 2017 at 9:37 PM).