[HOW-TO] TBS 5520SE Drivers for LE11 & LE12 on RPi4

• Following the compiled drivers for TBS 5520 SE DVB receiver for LE10 on RPI4 (available here: LE10 & TBS 5520SE on RPi4 // updated drivers [SOLVED])

I've created this thread to share the source code of the patches to apply, compatible with LE11 and LE12 current source code from GITHUB.

The patches were made by smp (thank you :) ).

I've just made some small offset adjustments to go on with kernel source code updates.

- 2 patch files are included :

a) lepatch_prepare_tbs_module_enable.patch - to enable tbs5520se module compilation in kernel;

b) lepatch_code_changes_tbs5520se.patch - to add tbs5520se needed source code;

- how to apply these patches for RPi4:

download and go into LibreELEC git source local copy:

Code
    git clone https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv.git
    cd LibreELEC.tv

copy the attached patches to LibreELEC git source directory:

then run:

Code
    cp lepatch_code_changes_tbs5520se.patch projects/RPi/devices/RPi4/patches/linux
    git apply lepatch_prepare_tbs_module_enable.patch

- if later on git complains about branches mismatch or similar on updating sources

Code
    git stash
    git pull

then, re-apply the patches.

Goodluck !

LibreELEC_TBS5520SE.zip

• For those who only use the satellite tuner I modded the driver to disable the DVB-T/C tuner.

TBS 5520SE has 2 tuners attached to a single demod. DVB core apparently does not support 2 tuners on 1 demod so the driver used a hacky way to split the adapter in 2 virtual frontends. This cause all sorts of issues with tvheadend (e.g. "no free adapter available"). I modded the driver so si2157 DVB-T tuner is not attached and only 1 DVB-S frontend is created.

linux-666-tbs5520se-k66-no-ter.zip