Cannot use NETGEAR A6210 (rt76x2u linux driver)

• Hello,

As the title says, my wifi USB dongle plugged into an Odroid N2 cannot detect wifi networks with latest stable build which has kernel 6.x and i can see trough sshing on my SBC that mediatek drivers are properly loaded running lsmod.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

• Go to Best Answer
  • LE aims to be a minimalist OS so we don't pre-embed the full 350MB of linux-firmware needed to support all cards; so an educated guess is the driver modules are present in the kernel but the firmware blob(s) needed for the card to boot are missing. Run "pastekodi" and share the URL generated so we can see the boot log. It will normally flag the missing file, which can be manually downloaded/installed to prove that the card works once files are added, and then we can pick those files into the AMLGX image so manual fiddling isn't needed in the future.

• Thanks for the reply,

I made it work adding firmware files for my adapter.I used the ones from latest armbian for N2 and put the files into /storage/.config/firmware/ and rebooted because wifi was working with it OOTB, my adapter is working now.Needed files are : mt7662_rom_patch.bin and mt7662.bin.