any chance to install LE to a partition instead of entire drive?

• Sorry, I missed that!

... allthough I tend to read wiki ...

May be its worth to give nvidia a hardware menu entry.

Well my experience is this:

I don't have any 4k content, but do have many content that needs upscaling.

I tried rasperry, which has better audio experience, but nvidia card have better upscaling result.

For me, image is more important than audio ...

That's why I stuck with nvidia.

Thank you very much for your time and support.

Unfortunately, even legacy LE is not enough to make Kodi work on my hardware.

• May be its worth to give nvidia a hardware menu entry.

Like this? https://libreelec.tv/downloads/generic/

Wiuth old cards like a Quadro 400 (2011?) you'll need to compare the card PCI device ID with the nVidia udev rules to see if it's supported:

LibreELEC.tv/packages/x11/driver/xf86-video-nvidia/udev.d/96-nvidia.rules at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    Just enough OS for KODI. Contribute to LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

One of several challenges with nVidia support is that compat with Xorg is a moving target and eventually old(er) driver releases that are no longer actively maintined by nVidia require older Xorg versions than the current Xorg that we embed and things break. See:

xf86-video-nvidia: update to 535.104.05 by heitbaum · Pull Request #8090 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    Major Bump of nvidia Update from Latest Legacy GPU version (470.xx series): 470.199.02 to Latest Production Branch Version: 535.104.05…
    github.com

You could try using an older LE release (older Xorg codebase with older drivers) or to use a more general purpose distro where things are less bleeding edge and you can still load and use older nVidia drivers.

• this is output of lcpci:

HiassofT Thank you!

Edited once, last by django013: Ein Beitrag von django013 mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt. (October 15, 2023 at 11:45 AM).

• Ok, I did some quick tests: video works, but audio does not.

I confess, my hardware combination is a bit special.

I have a beamer connected to one display port. The beamer has speakers, but I don't want to use them.

I have an audio amp connected to a different display port. The audio amp has a video processor, which is almoust broken yet. But stil sends control signals, that it can display video.

So I want to split audio and video on pc and then send video to one displayport (only) and send audio to another display port.

Audio should not care about cable settings and always use the same displayport.

My preferred audio format would be pass through - the audio amp plays all audio formats, that I have, so I don't want and don't need resampling or the like.

Would that setup be possible and could you shine me a light on how to do that?

• Thanks for reporting back, it's good to know that LE11 has working video so I guess it's one of the other (X11 or maybe kodi) changes then - nvidia driver in LE11 and LE12 seems to be the same version.

BTW: I didn't have much luck with the 535 Nvidia driver on my workstation with RTX 4060, Xorg just crashed.

I guess sending audio to a different HDMI/DP output should be possible, lots of people are doing that on RPi4.

First make sure your amp is detected as a valid video sink: the HDMI audio devices in kodi should have the name (or model number) of your TV/amp/... written next to them (eg something like "Foo Bar on HDMI" )

Also make sure video output on the HDMI/DP port is enabled - check with xrandr.

There's no audio output without video so if the cable or amp is too broken to be detected or if video output on the port is disabled it won't work.

so long,

Hias