Posts by django013

Ok, I did some quick tests: video works, but audio does not.

I confess, my hardware combination is a bit special.

I have a beamer connected to one display port. The beamer has speakers, but I don't want to use them.

I have an audio amp connected to a different display port. The audio amp has a video processor, which is almoust broken yet. But stil sends control signals, that it can display video.

So I want to split audio and video on pc and then send video to one displayport (only) and send audio to another display port.

Audio should not care about cable settings and always use the same displayport.

My preferred audio format would be pass through - the audio amp plays all audio formats, that I have, so I don't want and don't need resampling or the like.

Would that setup be possible and could you shine me a light on how to do that?

this is output of lcpci:

HiassofT Thank you!

Sorry, I missed that!

... allthough I tend to read wiki ...

May be its worth to give nvidia a hardware menu entry.

Well my experience is this:

I don't have any 4k content, but do have many content that needs upscaling.

I tried rasperry, which has better audio experience, but nvidia card have better upscaling result.

For me, image is more important than audio ...

That's why I stuck with nvidia.

Thank you very much for your time and support.

Unfortunately, even legacy LE is not enough to make Kodi work on my hardware.

The default (GBM) Generic image no longer contains nVidia drivers due to their lack of support for modern Linux graphics standards.

Does this mean, that nvidia graphic card is no longer a good choice?

OK, this time box came up with networking enable, so ssh connect was successful.

Then this happened:

Code
    pastekodi

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'

what():  failed to find DRM cards
    Aborted (core dumped)
    http://ix.io/4J2p

... but the cited file exists - so I hope it helps!

Hi,

thank you for your attention and support!

I use a nvidia quadro P400 with 3 mini-Displayports - and that's a big source of trouble.

I want to use different ports for video and audio output, as audio spltters are far from reliable. I tried several different types. All work fine at the beginning, but after few weeks all are broken and nothing works any more.

Therefore I'm looking for a way to connect video and audio to different ports so that they don't depend on flaky hardware ...

I followed the instructions, but was not successful.

I got a menuentry "LibreELEC", but when I select it, an error occurs:

Code
    failed to initialize ptp_kvm

After that the message from nightly build appears together with LE logo - and that's all.

I waited about 10-15 minutes, but nothing changed.

I read in different thread here, that the error message can be ignored, but no matter how long I wait, nothing more happens.

Is there a way to enable boot messages to arrive to screen?

CvH multiboot is outdated and repos are not available any more

I read about ventoy, but I don't see how it will fit with LE or LE with ventoy ...

Depends on which OS you're using to view the disk.

Well, I use linux only. Debian for about 20 years. So I know my linux as a user, but I don't know system internals of linux like grub behaviour and the like ...

When I wrote, that the partition is empty, than its exactly that - no single file has been copied to the Storage partition.

If you know what you're doing (and depending on which other OS's are involved) it's not particularly hard to configure.

Well, as mentioned, I know my linux as a user, but not the system internals. Especially I don't know internals of LE. I looked at the partitions from usb-stick and the failed installation - LE looks quite different from what I know.

I used kubuntu for first installation, so disk has reserved space for bios, an uefi fat partition and several primary partitions using btrfs. My question is: does grub os-prober recognize LibreElecs system files, so that it creates a menu entry for LE or do I have to create menu entry manually?

May I ask for a helping hand creating the grub menu entry?