LibreELEC support for Raspberry Pi 5

• there is a bug the first time you boot LE12. you just have to reboot again and it should pop up.

Noumenon
    November 25, 2023 at 11:45 AM
  • My RPI 5 keeps having the fan spin up and down during movies and the noise it's kind of annoying.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'm using the official case with the fan for RPI 5.

Maybe a newer version of LibreELEC nightly? I'm running version 12 from 2023.11.24.

Or a firmware upgrade if that is available that might fix the threshold for the fan?

Also how can I upgrade from my nightly version to a newer one without losing the configuration that I have made? Is that possible?

• Regarding the last question,

You can start by making a backup, just in case, then save it on a flash drive or computer.

To upgrade without losing your settings, simply place the latest image in the storage/update folder and restart the Rpi5

• I installed friday the latest nightly up to date, installation without problems. I tried 4k hdr+ 10 bits video and it seems working well. I havent try audio caus the kid was sleeping but I will check it later with atmos and dts:x.