[SOLVED] UHD / 4K support from NUC using Mini Display Port (mini DP)
Over a year later, trying again to fix this problem again I stumbled across this post--> [NUC5i5MYHE don't recognize automatically my LG ... |Intel Communities] and the user "Whamsday" was correct. Full credit to them.
In summary, the NUC must have "legacy boot support" disabled.
This required a reinstall because my extant SSD was not seen by the UEFI boot.
- Disable legacy boot support, confirm UEFI boot support is enabled
- Reinstall from libreelec USB stick
- boot, using DP, 4K resolutions are now available (23.98/24/25/29.x/30),
- finally, yay (without having to boot with one DP to HDMI dongle (belkin from the apple store FYI), then hotswap to another which oddly seemed to enable 4k, but not on a cold boot)!
- Now my photos on slideshow look awesome in 4K