Samba only allowing access to first level of symlinks (no subdirectory access)

• I'm running V11.03 on rPi3b+. I've got everything running as I want except that Samba is not giving access to subfolders of symlinks.

Currently, all my media is on an external drive. The root of the drive has symlinks pointing to directories deeper in the drive's directory structure. I can access these directories via the symlinks locally with no issue. However, when accessing remotely via samba share (which is the root of the external drive), I can go into the symlinked directories and see their subdirectories, but any attempt to open these subdirectories fails (Windows says the content is not available, X-plore on Android says 'object path not found)). I can access these subdirectories if I navigate through the drive normally via samba (without the symlinks).

I tried doing this in /storage/.config/samba.conf (My Book is the share):

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? This worked on an earlier librelec install (8.2), but I can't recall what I did to get it working.

Thanks!

• Sorry- didn't get notification of a reply.

The symlinks are pointing to directories on the same external drive. The actual directories are grouped to be backed up to ONE DRIVE family accounts (1TB@), with the Symlinks providing direct access to the directories in a more direct fashion.

DRIVEROOT

-Symlink:Directory1

-Symlink:Directory2

-Symlink:Directory3

-Symlink:Directory4

-Symlink:Directory5

-Symlink:Directory6

-OtherDirectory

--SubDirectory

---BackupA

----Directory1

----Directory3

----Directory5

---BackupB

----Directory2

----Directory4

----Directory6

What's odd is that I can't access files in the directories remotely either (although I can see them - I get an error saying the file does not exist.

• Derp-

I forgot the original setup was doen on Windows using mklink /j. The Junctions were interpreted as bound mounts in Linux.

To make it cleaner, I just used mount --bind and will be setting up a udev rule to make sure it sets up the mounts each time the external drive is recognized.

• Hi.

I got suddenly pretty the same problem.

I am runing libreelec kodi on PC. On the beginning works great. Now I can only see folders, but I can't open them. Only works if I am opening from mac(apple).

I want to open it from android phone and doesn't work. I think I didn't changed anything.

I went through all settings and for me everything looks ok.

I have v.11.0.3