Mecool Ki Pro unstable

• My Mecool Ki Pro box is very unstable. Libreelec crashes, Android TV crashes. Can't find any info.

Amongst various issues it will now only boot when it's connected to a PC via USB-A cable. When not plugged in I get a flashing red light. When plugged in I get a solid blue light and it boots but is unstable.

I've reflashed the latest available stock firmware image for this device with no change to behaviour.

Anyone have any ideas?

• It sounds like more of a hardware problem than software. Perhaps a bad power-supply? .. or dry solder joints on the PCB inside the box? .. or failing RAM .. it's hard to comment when it's hardware (and hardware issues can't be fixed with software).

/shrug

• crubyape

You should try it with another 12V DC (center-positive) adapter. If it works fine with the another power supply, then the factory power adapter of the box is broken.

But if it produces the same with the replacement power supply, then the 5V voltage regulator (eg STI3470 or similar) or the boost converter IC (INN8186 on the tuner) responsible for producing the 18V LNB power supply may have shorted.