Possible insight into invalid key wifi issue

• I was testing LibreELEC on a Rasberry Pi 3b+ with my home network and ran into the invalid key issue when trying to connect to my main network. After a bunch of searching I didn't find anything conclusive. I eventually tried connecting to my IoT network, and it worked without an issue. After setting up a new SSID, and flipping features on and off, what I finally came down to was that I had to disable fast roaming 802.11r to get the connection to work. Not sure if this is the cause for anyone else, but it seems to work for me.

• Where/how did you disable it?

Doesn't seem to be an option for it on my router (TP-Link AX1800). Is there a way to disable it in the adapter settings in Libreelec?

Edited once, last by Glennza (August 25, 2023 at 12:35 AM).

• Where/how did you disable it?

Doesn't seem to be an option for it on my router (TP-Link AX1800). Is there a way to disable it in the adapter settings in Libreelec?

It’s a router setting. It’s possible it might be here https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2097/.

I also need to test this more when I have time. I think it might actually be 802.11k that was doing it. I had some logs about unsportsmanlike frames on the raspberry pi that I think were related to Neighbor Reports, but I’m not certain.