Video acceleration in 1080p and DVD videos

• Hi

I'm using Nightly builds since 1 year approx. on my Raspberry Pi 4 with an SSD.

2 months ago I was watching a DVD, I installed the new build and when I resumed the movie I noticed that the speed was too fast.

Since that moment I decided not watch DVD until a new build fix that. But even with the latest builds the issue persists.

Recently, after install LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20230809-ecf5de7 I noticed that even 1080p movies are accelerated and I don't know the reason because I didn't change any setting in my Kodi or my TV.

Issue is still present on LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20230816-1d807c8

I'm referring that the video speed is like 1.2x

Is someone facing the same issue?

Edited 2 times, last by EloyFarina (August 23, 2023 at 1:50 AM).

• Have you enabled "sync playback to display" (in settings/player/video)?

It is not enabled by default, and has the ability to speed up/slow down video (e.g. for playing 24fps video on a 25/50Hz display).

It's not generally recommended unless you want the speed adjustment feature.

• Hi popcornmix, I have an OLED TV but that feature I have disabled in Kody, I don't want to enable it. Something happened in the latest 2 nightly builds that make the video speed is 1.2x approx.

It's weird that nobody notice that, but it's too obvious. I'm worried because nobody reported this for DVDs, but it's affecting to 1080p videos also.

• Can you revert to the last nightly that was working as you wanted?

If you can identify the first nightly with the issue we can look through the changes that went into it.

Also do all files play fast? (e.g. does this?)

A debug enabled log file may be useful.

• Let me perform new tests today at night.

Yesterday I tested the LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20230823 and at least for 1080p speed was as expected.

I will film a video about how the DVD is played, and you will see that the speed is very fast.

I'm using the TV in Filmmaker mode to turn off all the enhancements like TrueMotion, etc.