RP3B+ LE 11 - can't connect to network shares....

• Hello. :)

PI 3 B+, LE version 11.0.3

Add Network Location...

Specify IP address and path to shares - /mnt/sda1 @ 192.168.1.201(static, not DHCP)

Specify username and password - (root and P/W)

Click OK.

LE moans that the share cannot be found, but I can access it just fine on Windoze.

root for user as the server runs Puppy Linux which is always root.

Puppy Simple SAMBA Management has the /mnt path shared, so you can usually see all the drive folders under that

I can also see the server fine in Linux Mint using the Samba shares mounter thing.

SMB1 set as minimum, but I am pretty sure that Puppy Linux uses at least SMB2.

SMB3 set as maximum.

Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions?

An ancient old OpenELEC 7 PI can browse to the shares on the network just fine, so they ARE there, but LE11 won't let me see them. :(

I've run out of ideas at this point. ;(

• Code
    RPi4:~ # cat /storage/.kodi/userdata/passwords.xml 
    <passwords>
        <path>
            <from pathversion="1">smb://NAS/MEDIA</from>
            <to pathversion="1">smb://username:password@NAS/MEDIA</to>
        </path>
    </passwords>

^ The authentication process has evolved and you probably need to create a file like that so that older library references that don't include the authentication data are mapped to include it.

• Same problem here, but interestingly only on the raspberry platform

The intel platform (which has other issues) this works as expected.

On the pi platfrom, when I try to add the source, it keeps complaining, even though I can actually see folder contents.

There is also some weird dialog about folder preferences asking for user/password but never accepts the password. When this happen, the log comes with the usual 'permission denied' message, as if kodi is simply ignorinhg the password/ cannot save it...

Also, I found 3 places where media sources can be added , userdata/ mediasources.xml, sources.xml and passwords,xml.

Are these still valid, if so why 3, and are they actually editable (e.g. via ssh) while kodi is running?

Thx,

• I never heard of mediasources.xml before, but sources.xml (where you define sources) and passwords.xml (password mappings to sources) are definitely valid. In the past I had creds in sources.xml but at some point that stopped working and the mapping (as posted above) was needed.