Kodi Backup with LibreELec booting off external flash drive

• Question for anyone booting Librelec 11.x off an external USB flash drive....

Has the Kodi Backup addon ever worked for you?

I have the Kodi backup addon configured to backup my userdata etc and then it sends the compressed file to my external NAS, ie it is pretty much the usual default options

On identical systems where I boot off the micro sd card it has worked flawlessly, same configuration.

However with any system that boots off an external USB flash drive the Backup program launches but gets stuck when attempting to kick off the backup process. The only way to kill the process is to reboot my RPi. I just wonder if the fact that the LibreElec OS is on the usb flash drive and not the micro-sd drive is confusing it.

I have been able to reproduce the exact problem on multiple installs....

• and of course I just installed the Backup addon and tried it again to do a log capture, and it's now working perfectly lol...

it's the first time it's ever worked on Libreelec with an external usb. maybe some update fixed it, no idea.

anyway marking as solved. feel free to delete this thread. thanks for your help

• OK finally got some time to revisit this issue.

This problem resurfaced soon after I did a fresh install and I have finally resolved this issue...

It is not related to the OS booting off a USB flash drive as I went back to booting natively off micro ssd.

The Kodi Backup addon fails when the two LibreElec addons 'LibreSpot' and 'Docker' are installed, as these folders appear to contain special characters that reside in the 'userdata/addon_data/service.librespot' and 'userdata/addon_data/service.system.docker' folders that it can not copy.

Anyway switching the Backup settings to advanced mode and adding an exclusion for the above 2 folders has resolved the issue. I suspect it might also encounter the same issue for some of the other LibreElec addons...

Hoping this can help any other users who encounter the same issue.

Edited once, last by chimpchump (October 13, 2023 at 11:37 PM).